Let’s start with a traditional example: A customer approaches a sales person to buy a merchandize but s/he is out of stock. The sales person checks with the inventory which unfortunately is short of supply too. By the time the inventory follows up with procurement for raw material and the product is ready, the prospect is most likely to switch to a different vendor thus leading to the loss of revenue. This is a typical example of how the organizations face hardship in different areas of its functionality resulting from the decentralized database system. For businesses irrespective of their size, it’s very important for them to streamline their business process and operations. This is where ERP comes into play.
ERP, an acronym for Enterprise Resource Planning means managing the resources in the company effectively. There are several ERP applications available in the market to cater to different business needs. An integrated ERP system facilitates the information transfer between all functions within a business as well as outside the business such as customers and suppliers. In an organization where all core functions across the board are integrated into a single cohesive unit, you have an easy access to real time data and can make smarter and quicker decisions. As a resultant, the business can run more efficiently and profitably with no opportunity loss like the aforementioned. Regardless of the configuration of SAP on premise (client/server), hosted (cloud or SaaS) or hybrid, you can access the real time data while you are on the go using the SAP mobile app. Undoubtedly, real time business decisions anywhere anytime means higher productivity.
In today’s fast paced competitive world, ERP solution is inevitable for business not only to succeed but is a key to survival.
Skylark is the leading partner in Myanmar for Business All in One and Business One solutions from SAP, the world’s industry leader in enterprise software and software related services. Founded in 1972, SAP currently serves above 235,500 customers in 188 countries that comprise of large global organizations to educational institutions, governments, SMEs and subsidiaries of all shapes and sizes spanning 25 industries. Statistically, 86% of Global Fortune 500, 98% of the 100 most valued companies and 100 percent of Forbes top scoring sustainability companies deploy SAP to achieve business excellence and innovation.
SAP Business All in One:
SAP Business All in One is the most comprehensive industry specific solutions to power the business end to end. The solution is designed to be affordable and scalable to grow and adapt as business needs change. Furthermore, it is fully integrated and simplifies your business and IT landscape across functions, regions and teams. Suitable for midmarket businesses, SAP Business All-in-One provides key business benefits such as:
- Enhanced ability to adapt to changing market and customer demands
- Greater efficiency and effectiveness through automated tasks and lesser errors
- Improved financial management through accurate reporting and deeper insight
- Increased visibility that unleashes business risks and opportunities
To manage all aspects of your business, SAP Business All-in-one offers comprehensive functionality and components listed below:
- Enterprise Resource Planning: The ERP functionality can be used across accounting and Financial, Sales and services, purchasing and logistics execution, inventory management, human capital management, product development and manufacturing, reporting and analytics and corporate services.
- Best practices: This package includes the methodology, configuration settings, and documentation for quickly evaluating, implementing, and deploying best business practices to support industry specific and general business processes.
- Technology platform: Because of the flexible and unified technology platform called SAP NetWeaver that empowers SAP, it is easier to add on to your existing solutions promptly and in cost effective manner as your business grows and your requirement changes.
- Customer relationship management: The CRM component allows boosting marketing results with targeted messaging, close more deals with sales tool that improve effectiveness and increase revenue and customer loyalty with great service.
- Business intelligence: This rich functionality offers graphical reports and interactive dashboards, providing better visibility and control over revenue further increasing business user productivity and lowering training and support costs.
- Supplier Relationship management: The SRM functionality enables self-service procurement, supplier sourcing via request for quotation, preconfigured roles and single-server deployment. Managing source-to-pay processes becomes easier with pre-integrated SRM into SAP.
SAP Business One:
“ERP is complex and extremely expensive” is a common notion that many businesses especially SMEs still have. But the fact comes as a surprise for many because according to SAP, more than 80% of its customers are SMEs.
SAP Business one is ideally designed to truly fit their budget and business needs of SMEs into a single integrated system which makes it easier to set up, use and optimize. It offers support to efficiently manage the entire business process as accounting and finance, sales and customer management, purchasing and operations, inventory and distribution and reporting and administration. The business intelligence functionality ensures complete visibility to help organizations see clearly, think clearly and act clearly narrowing down the gap between strategy and execution and best run their business.
Key Business benefits of SAP Business One include:
- Grow business through streamlined business operations
- Quicker response to customer needs as instant data access helps faster decision
- No redundant data entry and lesser errors means process efficiency
- Closer relation with customers resulting from access to centralized information
- Lower technology cost and speed time to value as it is easier to setup and use with minimum training
With SAP Business one, businesses receives a benefit of comprehensive solution for each of its key functionality as listed below:
- Accounting and Finance:
- General ledger and journal entries
- Cost accounting and monitoring project costs
- Budget management
- Banking and bank statement processing
- Payment processing and reconciliation
- Financial statements and reporting
- Sales tax and VAT
- Multicurrency support
- Sales and Customers:
- Opportunities and pipeline management
- Customer contact and activity management
- Sales quotation and orders
- Invoicing and crediting
- Sales and pipeline forecast
- Service contract management
- Service call management and tracking
- Purchasing and operations:
- Purchase orders and deliveries
- Goods receipt and returns
- AP invoice and credit notes
- Bills of materials
- Production orders
- Forecasting and material requirements planning
- Inventory and Distribution:
- Items management, item queries
- Receipt to stock, release form stock and stock transactions
- Stock transfer between multiple warehouses
- Serial number management
- Inventory revaluation
- Customer and vendor catalog
- Price lists and special pricing
- Batch management and pick and pack
- Reporting and Administration:
- Fully integrated with Crystal Reports software
- Drag and relate, drill downs, search, workflow based alerts
- Employee directory and administration, employee time
- Remote support platform
- Data migration workbench, data archiving
- Data interface and user interface API
‘The number of information sources has exploded over the past decade, leading to many management hallenges. The explosion of information demands better management capabilities.’ – Forrester Research inc 2013.
Conventional approach to information management frequently results in unstructured and unreliable data, is costly and time consuming. Skylark is partnered with ASG software to help organizations embrace the technology to better control the access and distribute their information throughout the organization. ASG-Cypress Suite, an integrated document assembly and delivery system enhances management, accessibility, analysis and distribution of documents contained within and outside the enterprise. What sets ASG-Cypress Suite apart is its unique architecture that allows information to flow between disparate applications and information technologies seamlessly. The result is easy access of right information at the right time irrespective of the limitation imposed by multiple platforms, operating systems, file systems, applications and devices.
ASG-Cypress Suite is highly scalable and you can work with high volume of content in sophisticated and secured ways that guarantee the fast response time.
Report Distribution: Identities, splits, bundles and delivers information from reports, documents or scanned images to multiple end points as printers, email, portals, and system and storage devices.
Output Management: Centrally monitors and controls the status of output and distribution for the secured e-delivery of documents to all output devices.
Forms Management and Document Enhancement: Creates electronic forms overlays for documents using any windows-based application based on pre-defined criteria.
Web and Enterprise Document Delivery: Instantly provides documents and reports preserving document integrity from web browsers without having to maintain expensive dedicated web server.
Archive, Search and Retrieval: Allows viewing and using the content from any business related document regardless of its originating platform.
Imaging: Facilitates any volume of scanning through Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR), import of digital images and inbound/outbound faxing
Data Mining and Analysis: Filters, sorts, summarizes and transforms massive reports into simple text format, Excel sheet and route it to multiple end points.
Content Processing Facility: Enables to assemble, enhance (ex. Add bar code, image, form overlay, index, un-index etc), collate, sequence and deliver the content required to streamline business process.
Process Optimization: Production-class workflow design and execution to support ad-hoc and system-automate work steps, activities, and processes.